The extracted list of listed buildings from the source above is currently being processed and photographed. The current version is viewable here.
This set of 4 photos, provided by Chris Harvey, shows examples of local buildings before they were lost due to rebuilding in the latter part of the 20th century.
Baddow Hall Manor House
(Demolished and replaced by Baddow Hall Estate in the 1960s. The house stood at the south-west corner of Gilmore Way, named after the last owner, Mrs. Gilmore
Old Shops in the High Street around 1955
(The black and white shops on the right were demolished in the 1960s as part of a road widening scheme.)
Noakes House - front view
Replaced by the Buckley's development in the late 1960s, named after Mr. Buckley, the medical consultant who owned Noakes House at the time)
The Vineyards Mansion
This house was situated where the local shopping centre is located today.
Click on any image to open a larger version. You will then be able to navigate to adjacent images by moving to the middle left or right of the image and clicking on the arrow which appears. When finished viewing images, click on the "X" at the bottom right below the image or click the background webpage (or press ESC key).
|******* Latest News *******|
|Muslim Society buy Hamptons (formerly Marconi) Club||18th Jan 2020 (details)|
|********* Today's Events *********|
|******* Forthcoming Events *******|
|Mon 21st Sep : 7.30pm|
|Parish Council Meeting/Planning||Parish Hall|
|Mon 21st Sep : 8.30pm|
|Parish Council Meeting/Parish Hall Committee||Parish Hall|
|Sat 26th Sep : 10.30am - 1.30pm|
|MacMillan Tea/Coffee Morning||Gt. Baddow Bowls Club, Recreation Ground|
|Mon 28th Sep : 7.30pm|
|Parish Council Meeting/Grounds Committee||Parish Hall|
|regular events are shown here|